The AIMS Short Stay Program 2014 (ASSP2014) is going to be held at the Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (TUAT), Japan on 2 – 15 March 2014.
During this 2 weeks short stay program, several courses such as, Japanese Language, Intercultural Communication, Japanese Culture, Introduction to Agriculture Studies, and Introduction to Engineering Studies are given. Tours to several university labs will be arranged based on the participants’ major. Through those courses and tours, the participants will know the meaning of studying in Japanese universities. As an excursion, tours to factories and to local beauty spots are also planned.
What you don’t need to pay
- Accommodation fee including breakfast and dinner at Hachioji Seminar House.
- Round trip air ticket from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) or Jakarta International Airport (CGK) to Tokyo International Airport (Narita Airport (NRT) or Haneda Airport (HND)).
- Shuttle bus from/to airport (Narita or Haneda)-Accommodation.
- Shuttle bus from/to accommodation-University Campus.
- Bus for Observatory Tour on March 10th and 11th.
What you need to pay
- Expenses during your stay in Japan
Lunch, approx. 700JPY X 12 days = 8,400 JPY
Tour on Mar. 11 & 12, approx. 3,000 JPY X 2 days = 6,000 JPY(lunch, admission fee, etc.)
Miscellaneous approx. 5,000 JPY (transportation expenses for weekend, souvenirs, etc.)
Total 19,400 JPY
So, we recommend you to bring about 20,000 JPY
Note: 1 USD = approx. 105 JPY
- in addition
Japanese Visa fee (if necessary)
Transportation fee in your country (from home to airport).
Health insurance, i.e. travel insurance
For further information, please also visit the website of the program: http://www.tuat.ac.jp/~nomalab/aims_short_2014/
1. Undergraduate students class of 2010
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. Academic Transcript
4. TOEFL or IELTS, with minimum score of: TOEFL 550, IELTS 6,5, iBT 100
For students of ITB who are interested in this program, please submit the requirements above to International Relation Office (ITB), Jalan Ganesha No. 17, Bandung, due to 6 February 2014 at 3 pm for further selection process.