New Application Requirement
[Obtaining Prior Consent]
Nominated students are required to obtain prior consent from their prospective academic advisors at Tohoku University before applying through T-cens.
The number of COLABS applicants has been increasing and it is becoming quite a competitive program. With that in mind, placing students in a suitable laboratory has become a challenge for Tohoku University.
Oct. 1 – Nov. 15 (2019-2020 Spring Enrollment)
(1) Find a prospective academic advisor in your preferred field.
(2) Contact them to obtain their consent with a ‘COLABS Consent of Acceptance Request Form’.
(3) Inform IRO ITB once you receive consent from your prospective academic advisor.
To be nominate,
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation Letter
- Academic transcript
- TOEFL or IELTS, with minimum score of: TOEFL 550, IELTS 6,5, iBT 79
For you who are interested in this program, please submit all the documents above to the International Relation Office ITB, Jalan Ganesha No. 17, BandungApplication Deadline: 4 October 2019
(4) Combine the necessary documents (listed below) with the required application documents.
– ‘3. Letter of Recommendation from academic adviser at home university‘ (see ‘Supporting Documents for Application‘)
– Email reply message
(5) Submit the combined document to the TU online application system (T-cens) as well as the rest of the essential
documents to complete the COLABS application.
– Each COLABS applicant must obtain consent from one prospective academic advisor beforehand as it is a research-oriented program.
– Obtaining consent from a prospective academic advisor does not guarantee acceptance to the COLABS program.
– Failure to submit any of the application materials to T-cens (incomplete applications) shall result in disqualification
from further screening procedures, regardless of whether consent was obtained.