Yokohama National University (YNU) Summer Program 2017
July 3 to July 14, 2017 Yokohama, Japan
Application for YNU’s Summer Program is now open.
During this two week program, YNU will provide Japanese language classes and Japanese culture classes for international students, including exciting excursions to world-leading Japanese companies as well as cultural and historical sites in the Yokohama area.
Highlights of this program will be:
-Opportunities to improve your communication skills in Japanese with our experienced instructors
-Attending lectures on Japanese culture and society to gain a deeper understanding of Japanese life and culture (e.g., calligraphy, Japanese animation, summer kimono wearing, modern business)
–Visiting labs on campus to learn about ongoing projects in fields such as engineering, social sciences, and information sciences
–Academic counseling for participating students who wish to pursue graduate studies at YNU in the future
–In-class and out-of-class support, including pre-arrival assistance, by Japanese students
-Weekend homestay experience with a Japanese family
-Excursion tours to study Japan’s past and present, including a visit to world-leading Japanese companies in the Yokohama area
Please check the following program details and apply during the designated application period.
July 3rd, 2017~July 14th, 2017
*Participating students will be requested to arrive in Japan by July 2nd.
2. Course Schedule (Tentative)
Please refer to the Schedule below.
THE APPLICANT MUST,
1) be a student at a college/university/graduate school as of July 1st, 2017
2) have the equivalent level of Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N4 or higher
3) have financial resources to cover the program fee, transportation/accommodation fee to attend this course
4) be able to obtain the applicable visa at the Embassy of Japan in his/her country
*YNU will select the participants after screening the application documents. YNU will give priority to students attending institutions of which YNU has an exchange agreement.
List of Partner Universities:
4. Levels of Japanese language classes
Japanese 1: JLPT N4 level (Upper Beginner)
Japanese 2: JLPT N3 level (Intermediate) or higher
5. Program Fee
*Includes tuition, excursion fees. Airfare, accommodation, transportation between the airport and Yokohama, and commuting costs are not covered.
6. Cancellation Policy
If the enrolled student cancels before the 1st day of the course, YNU will make a partial refund of
JPY 50,000. JPY 20,000( Admission and Enrollment fee and bank charges) will not be refunded.
The procedure for payment will be informed from YNU to the students individually after their enrollment has been confirmed.
1) Accommodation during the course duration, including +1 day before and after (Jul.2~Jul.15) will be arranged by YNU.
2) Accommodation fee is to be borne by each student.
3) The students will stay at a budget hotel on weekdays, and stay with a Japanese host family on weekends.
4) Estimated accommodation fee will be JPY 4,000-8,000 per night.
*Accommodation fees may vary according to hotel room vacancy
9. Minimum Number of Participants
*This course may be cancelled if the number of applicants is less than the number stated above.
All participants are responsible for obtaining on their own expense a “short term stay visa” valid for the duration of the program prior to entering Japan.
In case any supporting documents are required from YNU for the visa application, please contact us.
*Citizens of countries and regions with visa exemption agreements with Japan are not required to obtain a visa for short stay. For more information, please refer to the following website.
11. Medical expenses and travel insurance
Each participant is encouraged to join an insurance plan before arriving in Japan to prepare for any unforeseen circumstances. Without insurance, medical expenses can be expensive in Japan
12. Documents required for application
1) Application Form (to be downloaded from below)
2) Passport Photo Page (on PDF, JPEG, TIFF or equivalent file data)
3) Student ID of your home institution (on PDF, JPEG, TIFF or equivalent file data)
13. Application Period
Please send the required documents via e-mail by April 21st(Fri) 12:00P.M. JST.
Late documents will not be accepted.
14. Confirmation of Enrollment
YNU will send an e-mail confirming your acceptance/rejection by May 10th(Wed).